Solon Springs in Douglas County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The Brule St. Croix Portage
Indians, voyageurs, explorers,
missionaries, traders and pioneers travelled
this path from the waters of the
Great Lakes to those of the Mississippi.
To all who pass this way
this trail is dedicated.
This tablet was placed by
Claude Jean Allouez Chapter D.A.R. 1933
Rededicated by Rice Lake Chapter
5-057-WI D.A.R. 2004
Erected 2004 by Claude Jean Allouez Chapter & Rice Lake Chapter D.A.R.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Exploration • Waterways & Vessels. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1680.
Location. 46° 22.88′ N, 91° 46.573′ W. Marker is in Solon Springs, Wisconsin, in Douglas County. Marker is on County Road A, ¼ mile south of County Road P, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Solon Springs WI 54873, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 15 miles of this Brule-St. Croix Portage (within shouting distance of this marker); Brule–St. Croix Portage (approx. 4.4 miles away); Antoine Gordon (approx. 9.4 miles away); Evergreen Park Cottage Sanatorium (approx. 9.9 miles away); Major Richard Ira Bong (approx. 14.1 miles away); Major "Dick" Bong (approx. 14.2 miles away); Daniel Greysolon Sieur Dulhut (approx. 14.8 miles away); Brule River (approx. 14.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Solon Springs.
Also see . . . Brule-St. Croix Chapter, North Country National Scenic Trail. (Submitted on August 20, 2012, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 17, 2012, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 500 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 17, 2012, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.