Kearney in Buffalo County, Nebraska — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Old Oregon Trail
in Nebraska to mark the
Old Oregon Trail
1811 - 1869
Fort Kearney Chapter
Daughter of the
February 14, 1910.
Erected 1910 by Fort Kearney Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Exploration • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations • Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution, and the Oregon Trail series lists.
Location. 40° 41.68′ N, 99° 4.882′ W. Marker is in Kearney, Nebraska, in Buffalo County. Marker is at the intersection of Central Avenue and Railroad Street, on the right when traveling north on Central Avenue. Monument is in the park immediately south of the railroad right of way. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Kearney NE 68847, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Kearney (about 400 feet away, measured in Site of Bauer Drug (about 400 feet away); Empress Theatre (approx. ¼ mile away); Kearney Civil War and Spanish-American War Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); University of Nebraska at Kearney (approx. ¾ mile away); Historic Kearney (approx. 0.8 miles away); Good Samaritan Air Crew (approx. 0.8 miles away); Dr. Paul Ambrose (approx. 0.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Kearney.
Also see . . .
1. Oregon National Historic Trail. (Submitted on August 27, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. Oregon-California Trails Association. (Submitted on August 27, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 27, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 751 times since then and 44 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 27, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.