Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”

Near Sandy Point in Crawford County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
 

William Bartram Trail

Traced 1773-1777

 

— Deep South Region —

 
William Bartram Trail Marker image. Click for full size.
By David Seibert, June 27, 2008
1. William Bartram Trail Marker
Inscription.  In July 1774 William Bartram entered Crawford County here, site of Marshall's Mill, going on to Knoxville, Roberta, and Cusetta.
 
Erected by Magnolia District, The Garden Club of Georgia, Inc. in cooperation with Crawford County Board of Commissioners.
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial EraExplorationHorticulture & ForestryIndustry & CommerceSettlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the William Bartram Trails series list.
 
Location. 32° 45.85′ N, 83° 50.367′ W. Marker is near Sandy Point, Georgia, in Crawford County. Marker is on Carl Sutton Road 0.4 miles north of Sandy Point Road, on the right when traveling north. The marker is on Carl Sutton Road at the Crawford/Bibb County Line, where it becomes Knoxville Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lizella GA 31052, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Colonial Trading Path (approx. 7.1 miles away); a different marker also named William Bartram Trail
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
(approx. 7.2 miles away); Montpelier Institute (approx. 7.4 miles away); Joanna Troutman (approx. 9.6 miles away); a different marker also named William Bartram Trail (approx. 9.6 miles away); Crawford County (approx. 9.6 miles away); Alexis de Tocqueville (approx. 9.6 miles away); Federal Wire Road (approx. 9.6 miles away).
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on January 26, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 9, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,713 times since then and 20 times this year. Last updated on September 17, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. Photo   1. submitted on October 9, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.
 
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide shot of the marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?
Paid Advertisement
Oct. 30, 2020