Houston in Harris County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Houston Cotton Exchange and Board of Trade
The structure was remodeled and the fourth floor added in 1907. The exchange vacated the premises in 1924. The building was restored in 1973.
Erected 1974 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 10693.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Agriculture • Industry & Commerce.
Location. 29° 45.804′ N, 95° 21.671′ W. Marker is in Houston, Texas, in Harris County. Marker is at the intersection of Travis Street and Franklin Street, on the right when traveling south on Travis Street. Touch for mapTouch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Kennedy Bakery (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Market Square (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Magnolia Brewery Building (about 400 feet away); Sweeney, Coombs & Fredericks Building (about 500 feet away); Pillot Building (about 700 feet away); First White House of the Republic of Texas (about 800 feet away); Harris County 1910 Courthouse (approx. 0.2 miles away); State National Bank Building (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Houston.
Also see . . . Houston Cotton Exchange and Board of Trade. The Handbook of Texas Online, Texas State Historical Association (Submitted on September 17, 2012, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 17, 2012, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. This page has been viewed 607 times since then and 41 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 17, 2012, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.