Elkhart in Elkhart County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Elkhart River Wharves
Erected by Elkhart Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Waterways & Vessels. A significant historical year for this entry is 1835.
Location. 41° 41.434′ N, 85° 58.496′ W. Marker is in Elkhart, Indiana, in Elkhart County. Marker is at the intersection of N. Main St and E. Sycamore St on N. Main St. The marker is located at the southeast corner of intersection adjacent to the Old National Bank parking lot. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 320 N Main St, Elkhart IN 46516, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Rivers for Commerce (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Island Park (about 700 feet away); Main St. Memorial Bridge (approx. 0.2 miles away); Development of Diagnostic Test Strips (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Havilah Beardsley House The Rivers for Recreation (approx. 0.2 miles away); Ruthmere (approx. 0.2 miles away); Havilah Beardsley (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Elkhart.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 18, 2012, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 555 times since then and 64 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 18, 2012, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.