Three Rivers in St. Joseph County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Site of Legendary Battle
between the Shawnee
and Federated Indian
Tribes in 1802
Erected 1925 by Abiel Fellows Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Native Americans. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1802.
Location. 41° 56.542′ N, 85° 38.041′ W. Marker is in Three Rivers, Michigan, in St. Joseph County. Marker can be reached from West Michigan Avenue (State Highway 60) 0.1 miles east of Spring Street, on the right when traveling east. The marker is located in Scidmore Park near the southwest corner of the parking lot accessed from W. Michigan Ave. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Three Rivers MI 49093, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Three Rivers (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Three Rivers Town Cannon (about 400 feet away); French Trading Post (approx. 0.2 miles away); Historic District (approx. Old Three Rivers Public Library (approx. ¼ mile away); Moab (approx. 0.7 miles away); Three Rivers Soldiers Memorial (approx. 0.8 miles away); Three Rivers Civil War Monument (approx. 0.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Three Rivers.
Also see . . .
1. Brothers of Three Fires. Brief description of the battle. (Submitted on December 12, 2012.)
2. Early Photo of Site of Legendary Battle Marker. Date unknown. From the Three Rivers Public Library. (Submitted on July 14, 2014, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on December 10, 2012, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 513 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 10, 2012, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.