Fairfax, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Fairfax Court House
Built in 1800
Erected 1985 by the Fairfax County Chapter, National Society, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 38° 50.767′ N, 77° 18.418′ W. Marker is in Fairfax, Virginia. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Chain Bridge Road (Virginia Route 123) and Main Street (Virginia Route 236). Marker is on the wall to the right of the main entrance to the courthouse. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fairfax VA 22030, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fairfax County Courthouse (here, next to this marker); Monument to John Q. Marr (a few steps from this marker); A Tribute to The Men of Fairfax County Old Fairfax Jail (within shouting distance of this marker); Joshua Gunnell House (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fairfax.
Also see . . . The Fairfax County Courthouse: A Brief History. (Submitted on October 15, 2006.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
More. Search the internet for Fairfax Court House.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 14, 2019. This page originally submitted on October 15, 2006, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. This page has been viewed 2,947 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 15, 2006, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. 4. submitted on April 7, 2015, by William Barnard of Fairfax Station, Virginia. 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. submitted on June 28, 2014, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. 10. submitted on June 29, 2014, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland.