Woodbridge in Middlesex County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
First Presbyterian Church
purposes was built here on the ‘Kirk Green’.
Replaced by the present church in 1803
and built by Jonathan Freeman, it is
known as the Old White Church.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1803.
Location. 40° 33.69′ N, 74° 16.422′ W. Marker is in Woodbridge, New Jersey, in Middlesex County. Marker is at the intersection of Port Reading Avenue and Rahway Avenue, on the right when traveling west on Port Reading Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Woodbridge NJ 07095, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First Presbyterian Church of Woodbridge (a few steps from this marker); a different marker also named First Presbyterian Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Barron Library (within shouting distance of this marker); Barron Estate (within shouting distance of this marker); Barron Arts Center (within shouting distance of this marker); Aaron Dunn Homestead/Jost-Keating HouseRevolutionary Soldiers and Patriots of Woodbridge (about 400 feet away); First Presbyterian Church Cemetery (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Woodbridge.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on January 19, 2013, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 329 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on January 19, 2013, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey.