Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Hartford in Washington County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Civil War Enlistment Center

 
 
Civil War Enlistment Center Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By John Arsenault, February 22, 2013
1. Civil War Enlistment Center Marker
Inscription.  65 of 134 Civil War Veterans enlisted here in Co. E 123 Regt. N.Y.S. Vol. Aug. 22, 1862
 
Erected by Washington County Historical Society.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. A significant historical month for this entry is August 1798.
 
Location. 43° 21.885′ N, 73° 23.586′ W. Marker is in Hartford, New York, in Washington County. Marker is at the intersection of County Road 23 and East Street, on the left when traveling north on County Road 23. Located in front of the Hartford Historical Society Museum. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Hartford NY 12838, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Civil War Mound and Urn (within shouting distance of this marker); Clinton Gift (within shouting distance of this marker); Site of Old Mills (approx. 0.2 miles away); Brown's Tavern (approx. 1.6 miles away); Adamsville (approx. 5 miles away); Great Indian Warpath (approx. 5.1 miles away); Smith's Basin (approx. 5.1 miles away); Erected 1789 (approx. 5.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hartford.
 
Also see . . .
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
 Town of Hartford, NY - Museum and Civil War Enlistment Center. (Submitted on February 24, 2013, by John Arsenault of Middletown Springs, Vermont.)
 
Additional commentary.
1.
Both the museum and enlistment center are on the National Register of Historic Places.
    — Submitted February 24, 2013, by John Arsenault of Middletown Springs, Vermont.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on February 24, 2013, by John Arsenault of Middletown Springs, Vermont. This page has been viewed 439 times since then and 14 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on February 24, 2013, by John Arsenault of Middletown Springs, Vermont. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=63515

Paid Advertisements
 
 

Jul. 1, 2022