Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Pennington in Mercer County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Pennington

 
 
Pennington Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Coughlin, April 3, 2013
1. Pennington Marker
Inscription.  
Pennington
Settled in 1708
First known as
Queenstown
Incorporated in 1890
as the Borough
of Pennington

 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial EraSettlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1708.
 
Location. 40° 19.69′ N, 74° 47.458′ W. Marker is in Pennington, New Jersey, in Mercer County. Marker is at the intersection of S Main Street and E Delaware Avenue, on the right when traveling north on S Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Pennington NJ 08534, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. British Horses (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Delaware and Bound Brook RR (approx. ¾ mile away); Continental Lane (approx. 3.3 miles away); Temple-Ryan Farmhouse (approx. 3½ miles away); Washington’s March To Trenton (approx. 3.6 miles away); First Hunterdon County Militia (approx. 3.6 miles away); Village Store (approx. 3.7 miles away); Geography & Historic Landscape of Jacobs Creek (approx. 3.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pennington.
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
 
Pennington Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Coughlin, April 3, 2013
2. Pennington Marker
Marker in Pennington image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Coughlin, April 3, 2013
3. Marker in Pennington
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 3, 2013, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 388 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on April 3, 2013, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=64110

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 14, 2024