Apopka in Orange County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Dr. Howard A. Kelly Park
Dr. Kelly, in 1927 donated to Orange County for public use this 200 acre tropical scenic park from whose natural springs flow 26000 gallons of water per minute.
Erected 1959 by The Rotary Club of Apopka, Florida.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Charity & Public Work • Natural Features. A significant historical year for this entry is 1927.
Location. 28° 45.358′ N, 81° 29.986′ W. Marker is in Apopka, Florida, in Orange County. Marker can be reached from East Kelly Park Road. Marker is on a footpath, downhill from the concession area towards the main swimming area. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 400 East Kelly Park Road, Apopka FL 32712, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A different marker also named Dr. Howard A. Kelly Park (approx. 0.3 miles away); Apopka Schoolhouse (approx. 5˝ miles away); Oldest Masonic Lodge Building in Continuous Use in Florida (approx. 5.7 miles away); Episcopal Church of the Holy Spirit (approx. 5.9 miles away); Markham (approx. 6.7 miles away); Forest City (approx. 7 miles away); Turpentine Industry (approx. 7.4 miles away); Michelle Akers (approx. 7.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Apopka.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. Liriodendron, summer home of Dr. Kelly
Also see . . . Howard A. Kelly Biography. (Submitted on July 21, 2013, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 18, 2013, by Jamie Cox of Melbourne, Florida. This page has been viewed 616 times since then and 2 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on July 18, 2013, by Jamie Cox of Melbourne, Florida. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.