Luzern, Switzerland — Central Europe (the Alps)
The Sonnenberg House in Zoepfli
Sonnenberghaus im Zöpfli
Schon in der Diebold-Schilling-Chronik von 1513 erscheint an dieser Stelle ein hölzernes Wohnhaus. Dieses wurde 1662 neuerbaut.
1787 erwarb Marschall Jakob Anton Thüring von Sonnenberg Haus und Liegenschaft für seinen Sohn Alfons, der es noch im gleichen Jahr neu erstellen liess.
Fassadenmalerei, Doppelportal und im Innern Wandtapeten, Taefer und Kachelöfen aus der Bauzeit.
Unter Denkmalschutz seit 1968
1978 umfassend restauriert
Appears early in the Diebold Schilling Chronicle of 1513, at this point a wooden house. This was newly built in 1662.
Marshal Jacob Anton Thüring acquired the Sonnenberg House and property in 1787 for his son Alfonso, who was allowed to continue to recreate it in the same year.
A painted facade, double portal and interior murals, paneling and tile oven all date from the time of construction.
A protected monument since 1968
Restored extensively in 1978.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1513.
Location. 47° 3.083′ N, 8° 18.229′ E. Marker is in Luzern. Marker is on Kramgasse, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Kramgasse 1, Luzern 6000, Switzerland. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Metzgerrainli 6 (within shouting distance of this marker); Stammhaus Corragioni D’Orelli (within shouting distance of this marker); The Von Sonnenberg House (within shouting distance of this marker); Metzgerrainli (within shouting distance of this marker); The Pfyffer Student House (within shouting distance of this marker); The Wine Market (within shouting distance of this marker); Fishermens Point (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Dr. Jur. Kasimir Pfyffer (about 90 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Luzern.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 10, 2013, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 568 times since then and 31 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 10, 2013, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.