Luzern, Switzerland — Central Europe (the Alps)
Im Innern des Hauses Fresken, wohl von Martin Moser, aus der Mitte des 16. Jahrhunderts.
Fassadenmalerei um 1720.
Im Erdgeschoss des Hinterhauses ein gotischer Saal. Von seinem reichen Bilderschmuck sind drei Holztafeln mit biblischen Szenen, gemalt 1557 von Martin Moser, erhalten (heute im Kunstmuseum).
Unter Denkmalschutz seit 1964.
Restauriert 1976 und 1987.
Built in the middle of the 16th Century for Schultheiss Jost Pfyffer-Cloos. At the rear of the building are a late Gothic tower (with stairs) and small walled courtyard. Inside the building are frescoes, probably by Martin Moser, from the mid-16th Century.
Facade painting from around 1720.
On ground floor of the rear building is a Gothic-style hall. Three richly decorated wooden panels of biblical scenes, painted in 1557 by Martin Moser, were preserved (currently in the Art Museum).
Restored in 1976 and 1987.
Erected by Stadt der Luzern (City of Lucerne).
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1720.
Location. 47° 3.115′ N, 8° 18.285′ E. Marker is in Luzern. Marker is at the intersection of Weinmarkt and Fischmarktgassli, on the right when traveling west on Weinmarkt. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Weinmarkt 4, Luzern 6004, Switzerland. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Wine Market (a few steps from this marker); Butchers’ Arch (within shouting distance of this marker); Metzgerrainli (within shouting distance of this marker); Stammhaus Corragioni D’Orelli (within shouting distance of this marker); Fishermens Point (within shouting distance of this marker); "Fire Alley" (within shouting distance of this marker); Von Laufenhaus (within shouting distance of this marker); Metzgerrainli 6 (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Luzern.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 10, 2013, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 695 times since then and 61 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 10, 2013, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.