Luzern, Switzerland — Central Europe (the Alps)
The Wine Market
Steinmetz Konrad Lux schuf 1481 den spätgotischen Brunnen (Original im Historischen Museum).
Der Fischmarkt war im Mittelalter politischer Mittelpunkt und Zentrum des Marktbereiches. An seiner Südwestecke stand bis 1447 das erste Rathaus. Der Platz war gesäumt von den Trinkstuben der Gesellschaften zu Metzgern, Gerbern, Schuhmachern und Wirten.
Nach 1481 wurden hier geistliche und weltliche Spiele aufgeführt.
Until the 16th century this was a fish market. With the demolition of the medieval Schaal, a two-story wooden covered market for the sale of meat, bread and leather, the square has been in its present form since 1481.
In 1481 Stonemason Konrad Lux created the late Gothic fountain (original in the Historical Museum).
The fish market was the political meeting
After 1481 both religious and secular plays were held here.
Erected by Stadt der Luzern (City of Lucerne).
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1481.
Location. 47° 3.112′ N, 8° 18.272′ E. Marker is in Luzern. Marker is on Weinmarkt. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Weinmarkt 2, Luzern 6004, Switzerland. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Pfyffer-Cloos-House (a few steps from this marker); Metzgerrainli (a few steps from this marker); Stammhaus Corragioni D’Orelli (a few steps from this marker); Metzgerrainli 6 (within shouting distance of this marker); Fishermens Point (within shouting distance of this marker); Butchers’ Arch (within shouting distance of this marker); "Sweet Spot" (within shouting distance of this marker); "Fire Alley" (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Luzern.
More about this marker. This marker is locate on the former Richthaus (Courthouse) and Brotschol
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 10, 2013, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 733 times since then and 98 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 10, 2013, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.