Taylor in Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1948 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission series list. A significant historical month for this entry is July 1778.
Location. 41° 23.261′ N, 75° 42.288′ W. Marker is in Taylor, Pennsylvania, in Lackawanna County. Marker is on North Main Street, ¼ mile Church Street, on the right when traveling north. The marker is located on the south bank of Keyser Creek, between the original North Main Street and realigned North Main Street bridges and the stone culvert over the creek. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Taylor PA 18517, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. War Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); Veterans Memorial War Memorial (approx. 0.9 miles away); Ed "Shovels" Kobesky (approx. one mile away); Scranton (approx. one mile away); Gualdo Tadino Citizens Memorial (approx. 1.3 miles away); Saint Stanislaus PNCC Parish Statue Dedication (approx. 1.3 miles away); Prime Bishop Franciszek Hodur (approx. 1.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Taylor.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study the marker shown.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 14, 2013, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia. This page has been viewed 427 times since then and 66 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 14, 2013, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia.