Luzern, Switzerland — Central Europe (the Alps)
The Von Sonnenberg House
Von Sonnenberghaus
— (Heute Korporationsgebäude / Now a Municipal Building) —
Im Innern reiche Ausstattung aus der Bauzeit: getäferte Zimmer mit Kassettendecken, stuchiertes Kabinett und Festsaal mit mehrfarbigem Marmorplattenboden.
Das Äussere wurde 1842 umgestaltet und 1895 mit dekorativen Stukkaturen bereichert.
1839 ging das Haus an die Korporationsgemeinde über.
Unter Denkmalschutz seit 1964
German-English translation:
The interior features rich decor from the construction period: a paneled room with coffered ceilings, a stucco-covered gallery and ballroom, with multi-colored marble slab floors.
The exterior was remodeled in 1842, and in 1895 enriched with decorative stucco.
In 1839 the house became the property of the municipality.
A listed monument since 1964.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1670.
Location. 47° 3.057′ N, 8° 18.204′ E. Marker is in Luzern. Marker is at the intersection of Reusssteg and Rosengässli, on the right when traveling west on Reusssteg. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Reusssteg 7, Luzern 6003, Switzerland. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Pfyffer Student House (a few steps from this marker); The Singer House (within shouting distance of this marker); The Sonnenberg House in Zoepfli (within shouting distance of this marker); The Burgher Gate (within shouting distance of this marker); Ritter Palace (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Metzgerrainli 6 (about 90 meters away); Stammhaus Corragioni D’Orelli (about 120 meters away); The Old Armory (about 120 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Luzern.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 16, 2013, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 592 times since then and 34 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 16, 2013, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.