Middletown in Middlesex County, Connecticut — The American Northeast (New England)
Near This Site In 1750
In this church the Right Reverend Samuel Seabury, DD. Bishop of Connecticut and the first bishop of the American Protestant Episcopal Church, first met with his clergy on August 2, 1785, after his return from his congregation in Aberdeen, Scotland.
Here a few days later services were held for the ordination of four deacons and one priest of the church. These were the first such services of ordination to be held in this country.
The Church of the Holy Trinity
August 6, 1950
Erected 1950 by The Church of the Holy Trinity.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Colonial Era. A significant historical year for this entry is 1750.
Location. 41° 33.419′ N, 72° 38.861′ W. Marker is in Middletown, Connecticut, in Middlesex County. Marker is Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Middletown CT 06457, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Middletown (a few steps from this marker); The General Mansfield House (within shouting distance of this marker); Middletown and the Civil War (within shouting distance of this marker); Middletown Soldiers Monument (within shouting distance of this marker); Middletown Honor Roll (within shouting distance of this marker); Henry Clay Work (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Congregation Adath Israel (about 500 feet away); Danforth Pewter Shop (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Middletown.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 22, 2013, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 473 times since then and 115 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 22, 2013, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.