Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Allouez in Brown County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

First Episcopal Mission in Wisconsin

 
 
First Episcopal Mission in Wisconsin Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Devon Polzar, circa June 2013
1. First Episcopal Mission in Wisconsin Marker
Inscription.  Near this site stood the first Episcopal Mission in Wisconsin Founded in 1827 by the Reverend Richard Fish-Cadle Later first director of Nashotah House
 
Erected 1929.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & ReligionNative Americans. A significant historical year for this entry is 1827.
 
Location. 44° 28.729′ N, 88° 1.683′ W. Marker is in Allouez, Wisconsin, in Brown County. Marker is on W. Mission Road west of South Webster Avenue, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Green Bay WI 54301, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First Redemptorist Church in America (approx. 0.4 miles away); Site of Camp Smith 1820 (approx. 0.4 miles away); Curly Lambeau's Gravesite (approx. 0.4 miles away); Shantytown (approx. 0.4 miles away); Menomineeville, Seat of Justice (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Catholic Bark Chapel (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Port & the Environment
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 0.9 miles away); Vince Lombardi's Home (approx. 1˝ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Allouez.
 
First Episcopal Mission in Wisconsin Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Devon Polzar, June 1, 2013
2. First Episcopal Mission in Wisconsin Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 23, 2013, by Devon Polzar of Port Washington, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 673 times since then and 34 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on August 23, 2013, by Devon Polzar of Port Washington, Wisconsin. • Al Wolf was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=68040

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
May. 27, 2024