Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Biloxi in Harrison County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
 

Biloxi

 
 
Biloxi Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Mark Hilton, September 5, 2013
1. Biloxi Marker
Inscription.  Founded by the French as "New Biloxi." Capital of French colony of Louisiana, 1721-1722, prior to French removal to New Orleans. Incorporated as a town in 1850 by the Mississippi Legislature.
 
Erected 1973 by Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial EraSettlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1850.
 
Location. 30° 23.568′ N, 88° 53.071′ W. Marker is in Biloxi, Mississippi, in Harrison County. Marker is on U.S. 90 near Main Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 687 Beach Boulevard, Biloxi MS 39530, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. William Bartram Trail (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Biloxi City Park & Welcome Sign (about 400 feet away); Chris LeDoux (about 500 feet away); High Water Mark (about 500 feet away); Historic Downtown Biloxi Walking Tour
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(about 500 feet away); Brielmaier House (about 600 feet away); Historic Downtown Biloxi (about 600 feet away); Church of the Redeemer (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Biloxi.
 
Biloxi Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By QuarrellaDeVil, circa 2013
2. Biloxi Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 6, 2013, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 616 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on September 6, 2013, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=68449

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
May. 23, 2024