Hector in Schuyler County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Site of Iroquois village
Gen. Sullivan camped here
September 3, 1779
Erected 1932 by State Education Department.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Native Americans • War, US Revolutionary. A significant historical month for this entry is September 1790.
Location. 42° 30.109′ N, 76° 52.408′ W. Marker is in Hector, New York, in Schuyler County. Marker is on New York State Route 414, 0.2 miles north of Tichenor Road, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Hector NY 14841, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First Presbyterian Church (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Gen. Hand's Light Corps (about 700 feet away); Early Settler (approx. 0.2 miles away); General Poor's Brigade (approx. half a mile away); General Clinton's Brigade (approx. half a mile away); General Maxwell's Brigade (approx. half a mile away); William Wickham (approx. 1.9 miles away); Ferry (approx. 2½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hector.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 4, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 12, 2013, by Yugoboy of Rochester, New York. This page has been viewed 644 times since then and 84 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on September 12, 2013, by Yugoboy of Rochester, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.