Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Monterey in Monterey County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
 

John “Bricky” Crivello

1911-2005

 
 
John “Bricky” Crivello Marker image. Click for full size.
By Barry Swackhamer, September 15, 2013
1. John “Bricky” Crivello Marker
Inscription.  John “Bricky” Crivello, a key figure in the Monterey Fisherman’s Union for 67 years, was instrumental in the passage of Senate Bill 1213 which provided unemployment benefits to all California fishermen. Due to Bricky’s relentless efforts, the bocce ball courts were included in the Custom House Plaza development of 1969.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Labor UnionsSports. A significant historical year for this entry is 1213.
 
Location. 36° 36.187′ N, 121° 53.65′ W. Marker is in Monterey, California, in Monterey County. Marker can be reached from Custom House Plaza. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Monterey CA 93940, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Monterey Custom House (within shouting distance of this marker); Earthquake Bell (within shouting distance of this marker); Custom House (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Custom House (within shouting distance of this marker); Duarte's Store (within shouting distance of this marker); Site of Original Flagstaff
The Bocce Ball Courts image. Click for full size.
By Barry Swackhamer, September 15, 2013
2. The Bocce Ball Courts
The marker is visible on the back wall.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named The Custom House (within shouting distance of this marker); Thomas Cole House (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Monterey.
 
More about this marker. This marker is located in the Custom House Plaza to the west of the Old Custom House.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on November 6, 2019. It was originally submitted on September 28, 2013, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 506 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on September 28, 2013, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.

Share This Page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=68861

Paid Advertisement
Apr. 13, 2021