Lutherstadt Eisleben in Mansfeld-Südharz District, Saxony-Anhalt, Germany
City Seat of the Counts of Mansfeld-Hinterort
Stadtsitz der Grafen von Mansfeld-Hinterort
Built in 1500 by Count Albrecht IV, 1570-1616 seat of the Superintendent Office and the Office of the Upper Eisleben, in 1609 abandoned as City Palace, from 1671 to 1992 the seat of important administrative institutions of the Mansfeld mining and smelting industry (Markt 56-58)
1500 unter Graf Albrecht IV. erbaut, 1570-1616 Sitz des Oberaufseheramtes und des Oberamtes Eisleben, 1609 als Stadtschloß aufgegeben, 1671 bis 1992 Sitz wichtiger Verwaltungseinrichtungen des Mansfelder Berghaus und Hüttenwesens (Markt 56-58)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Forts and Castles • Industry & Commerce • Man-Made Features. A significant historical year for this entry is 1500.
Location. 51° 31.677′ N, 11° 32.702′ E. Marker is in Lutherstadt Eisleben, Saxony-Anhalt, in Mansfeld-Südharz District. Marker is at the intersection of Vicariatsgasse and Markt, on the left when traveling south on Vicariatsgasse. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 56-58 Markt, Lutherstadt Eisleben, Saxony-Anhalt 06295, Germany. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking Residence of Richard Wagner (here, next to this marker); Martin Luther Quotes (a few steps from this marker); Martin Luther Death House (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Residence of Richard Wagner (within shouting distance of this marker); Altes Gymnasium (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Martin Luther (about 90 meters away); Markt 54 Birthplace of Alwin Sörgel (about 90 meters away); The Eisleber Mining School in the Katharinenstift 1817 - 1844 (about 180 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lutherstadt Eisleben.
Also see . . . House of Mansfeld at Wikipedia. (Submitted on November 15, 2013, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 15, 2013, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 367 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 15, 2013, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.