Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
San Angelo in Tom Green County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

O.C. Fisher Federal Building and United States Courthouse

1911

 
 
O.C. Fisher Federal Building and United States Courthouse Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., February 9, 2014
1. O.C. Fisher Federal Building and United States Courthouse Marker
Inscription.  

Completed in 1911 and expanded in 1932, the O.C. Fisher Federal Building has continuously served the citizens of San Angelo and surrounding communities. This edifice was originally built to house the city's main post office and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas. Its high-style Italian Renaissance Revival architecture reflects the 1909 design work of the U.S. Treasury Department under architect James Knox Taylor. Today, it bears the name of San Angelo lawyer O.C. Fisher who served the community as county attorney, state legislature, and U.S. congressman for 32 years.

Listed on the National Register of Historic Places
 
Erected by United States District Court, Northern District of Texas.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Charity & Public WorkGovernment & PoliticsMan-Made Features. A significant historical year for this entry is 1911.
 
Location. 31° 27.693′ N, 100° 26.085′ W. Marker is in San Angelo, Texas, in Tom Green County. Marker is at the intersection of Twohig Street
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
and Oakes Street, on the right when traveling east on Twohig Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 33 East Twohig Street, San Angelo TX 76901, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. San Angelo Lodge No. 570, A.F.&A.M. (within shouting distance of this marker); Blacksmith (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); 1 East Twohig Avenue (about 300 feet away); Elmer Kelton Memorial Mural (about 400 feet away); Fort Concho (about 400 feet away); San Angelo Army Air Field (about 400 feet away); Goodfellow Air Force Base (about 500 feet away); The Schwartz & Raas and San Angelo National Bank Building (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in San Angelo.
 
Also see . . .  Ovie Clark Fisher. (Submitted on February 22, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
 
O.C. Fisher Federal Building and United States Courthouse Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., February 9, 2014
2. O.C. Fisher Federal Building and United States Courthouse Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on October 30, 2020. It was originally submitted on February 22, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 485 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on February 22, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=71933

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 24, 2024