Denison in Grayson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Katy Park Rededication
This monument commemorates the restoration in the year 1985 of the original Katy Park, built in the early 1900's and honors the many dedicated Denisonians and others who made the achievement possible. Their names appear here along with these major benefactors:
[Names not transcribed]
M-K-T Railway Engine No. 15, with Engineer Pat Tobio, was first train ever to enter Texas from the north and arrived in Denison at 7:00 p.m. on December 29, 1872.
Erected by Concerned Citizens and Corporations.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Man-Made Features • Railroads & Streetcars. A significant historical month for this entry is December 1865.
Location. 33° 45.338′ N, 96° 32.095′ W. Marker is in Denison, Texas, in Grayson County. Marker is at the intersection of Houston Avenue (State Highway 120) and Main Street, on the right when traveling north on Houston Avenue. Marker is on the west grounds of the former Union Station passenger depot. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 101 East Main Street, Denison TX 75021, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers Veterans Memorial (a few steps from this marker); Missouri-Kansas-Texas Railroad (a few steps from this marker); Signal Company Texas 36th Inf. Div. Veterans Memorial (a few steps from this marker); North-South Railway Connection (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); The E. M. Kohl Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Presbyterian Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); St. Luke's Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); Forest Park (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Denison.
Also see . . .
1. Red River Railroad Museum, Dension TX. (Submitted on April 7, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. Missouri-Kansas-Texas Railroad. (Submitted on April 7, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on August 27, 2020. It was originally submitted on April 7, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 450 times since then and 49 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on April 7, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.