Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Royalton in Niagara County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Site of First Christian Society of Royalton

 
 
Site of First Christian Society of Royalton Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Anton Schwarzmueller, April 6, 2014
1. Site of First Christian Society of Royalton Marker
Inscription.  First church on Holland land purchase between Genesee and Niagara Rivers, Built 1818.
 
Erected 1938 by New York State Education Department.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial SitesChurches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1818.
 
Location. 43° 12.244′ N, 78° 35.755′ W. Marker is in Royalton, New York, in Niagara County. Marker is on Orangeport Road, 0.2 miles south of Slayton Settlement Road (County Route 7), on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Gasport NY 14067, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Church Site of First Christian Society of Royalton (within shouting distance of this marker); Gasport (approx. one mile away); 150th Anniversary (approx. one mile away); Veterans Memorial (approx. 1.1 miles away); Academy 1850-70 (approx. 1.1 miles away); Mill District (approx. 1.6 miles away); Canal Bridge No. E-224 (approx. 2 miles away); Major J. Morrison (approx. 2.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Royalton.
 
More about this marker. There are two markers for the First Christian Society of Royalton. The other is the "Church Site Of..." marker.
 
Regarding Site of First Christian Society of Royalton.
Southward View First Christian Society of Royalton Markers image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Anton Schwarzmueller, April 6, 2014
2. Southward View First Christian Society of Royalton Markers
The marker is farther, next to the parked car and tree. The closer marker is the "Church Site Of..." marker.
Click or scan to see
this page online
Cemetery is now called the Orangeport Union Cemetery.
 
Northward View First Christian Society of Royalton Markers image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Anton Schwarzmueller, April 6, 2014
3. Northward View First Christian Society of Royalton Markers
The marker is by the large tree. The "Church Site Of..." marker is farther on the left.
Northwestward View Site of First Christian Society of Royalton Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Anton Schwarzmueller, April 6, 2014
4. Northwestward View Site of First Christian Society of Royalton Marker
Southwestward View Site of First Christian Society of Royalton Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Anton Schwarzmueller, April 6, 2014
5. Southwestward View Site of First Christian Society of Royalton Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 16, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 374 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on April 16, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=73039

Paid Advertisements
 
 

May. 18, 2022