Checotah in McIntosh County, Oklahoma — The American South (West South Central)
Methodist Episcopal Church, South
Sanctuary Built - 1917
Has been placed on the
of Historic Places
by the United States
Department of the Interior
November 13, 1984
Erected by First United Methodist Church.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Man-Made Features. A significant historical month for this entry is November 1989.
Location. 35° 28.244′ N, 95° 31.504′ W. Marker is in Checotah, Oklahoma, in McIntosh County. Marker is at the intersection of Gentry Avenue (U.S. 266) and 2nd Street, on the right when traveling west on Gentry Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 419 West Gentry Avenue, Checotah OK 74426, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Veterans Memorial (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Towry Brothers Building (about 600 feet away); The Gentry Block (about 700 feet away); 116 South Broadway (about 700 feet away); Kniseley and Long Building (about 700 feet away); City Hall (about 800 feet away); Jefferson Highway (approx. 0.6 miles away); Missouri-Kansas-Texas Depot (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Checotah.
Also see . . . First United Methodist Church, Checotah OK. (Submitted on April 23, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 23, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 334 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 23, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.