Parkersburg in Wood County, West Virginia — The American South (Appalachia)
The Toll House
Erected 1925 by The James Wood Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution of Parkersburg.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 39° 15.806′ N, 81° 32.578′ W. Marker is in Parkersburg, West Virginia, in Wood County. Marker is at the intersection of Old US 50 (SR 618) and Staunton Avenue (SR 47) on Old US 50 (SR 618). Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Parkersburg WV 26101, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Old Tollgate House (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Turnpikes (within shouting distance of this marker); The Block-House (approx. 0.6 miles away); Col. Hugh Phelps (approx. 0.6 miles away); Neal's Station (approx. 0.6 miles away); Sumner School / Robert W. Simmons (approx. 0.7 miles Tavenner Cemetery (approx. ¾ mile away); Peter G. Van Winkle (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Parkersburg.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on May 11, 2014, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 249 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 11, 2014, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.