Williamsburg in Whitley County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
Erected 1962 by Kentucky Historical Society-Kentucky Department of Highways. (Marker Number 513.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Kentucky Historical Society series list. A significant historical month for this entry is July 1794.
Location. 36° 44.616′ N, 84° 9.582′ W. Marker is in Williamsburg, Kentucky, in Whitley County. Marker is at the intersection of East Sycamore Street and North 2nd Street, on the right when traveling east on East Sycamore Street. The marker is located on the grounds of the Whitley County Courthouse. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Williamsburg KY 40769, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow fliesCounty Named, 1818 (a few steps from this marker); "Aunt Julia" Marcum (within shouting distance of this marker); Samuel Cox, 1756-1832 (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Clyde V. and Patricia Bennett Building (approx. 0.4 miles away); Roburn Hall (approx. half a mile away); Cumberland College (approx. 0.6 miles away); Roy Martis Chappell (approx. 0.9 miles away); First White Men Here (approx. 1.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Williamsburg.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on June 3, 2014, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 445 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 3, 2014, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.