Poway in San Diego County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Erected by City of Poway. (Marker Number 4.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Agriculture • Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 32° 57.673′ N, 117° 2.208′ W. Marker is in Poway, California, in San Diego County. Marker is on Midland Road, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 14452 Midland Road, Poway CA 92074, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Community Church of Poway (approx. 0.2 miles away); a different marker also named Community Church of Poway (approx. 0.2 miles away); Templars Hall (approx. 0.6 miles away); Nelson House (approx. 0.6 miles away); City of Poway Veterans Park (approx. 0.6 miles away); Porter House (approx. 0.7 miles away); Baldwin Locomotive No. 3Dearborn Memorial Park (approx. 1.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Poway.
More about this marker. The historic marker is located on the large fence post to the right of the front steps at the street and sidewalk level.
Regarding Flint Farm. Horace Kent and his son, Lewis, built the original house in 1882 at its present location on Midland Road. The Kents were famous for their peaches, which were grown in the Midland area. Horace left the house and 100 acres to his daughter Mary, who left the property to her husband, Ed Flint. In 1947, Stuart Fritzohn purchased the property. Extensive repairs were made to the house and property between 1947 and 1970. The house is an excellent example of a pre-Victorian era home, circa 1880.
Source: Old Poway Historical Sites, The Historical Marker Project, Designed to safeguard the City's historical heritage and to foster civic pride in the character and accomplishments of Poway's past. A project of City of Poway Community Services Department.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on June 8, 2014, by Marsha A. Matson of Palmetto Bay, Florida. This page has been viewed 473 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on June 8, 2014, by Marsha A. Matson of Palmetto Bay, Florida. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.