Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Sainte-Claire in Bellechasse, Québec — Central Canada (French-Canadian)
 

Sainte-Claire (Dorchester)

 
 
Sainte-Claire (Dorchester) Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By J.P. Wells, circa 2007
1. Sainte-Claire (Dorchester) Marker
Inscription.  
La paroisse de Sainte-Claire est située dans la seigneurie qui fut accordée à Louis Jolliet, découvreur du Mississipi, par le gouverneur de Frontenac et L’intendant Bochart Champigny, le 30 avril 1697.

The parish of Sainte-Claire is in the seigniory granted to Louis Jolliet, the discoverer of the Mississippi, by Frontenac, as Governor, and Bochart Champigny, as Intendant, on the 30th of April, 1697.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & ReligionColonial EraSettlements & SettlersWaterways & Vessels. A significant historical date for this entry is April 30, 1697.
 
Location. 46° 35.862′ N, 70° 52.07′ W. Marker is in Sainte-Claire, Québec, in Bellechasse. Marker is at the intersection of Principale Street and de l'Église Street, on the right when traveling east on Principale Street. The marker is located on the front lawn of the Sainte-Claire Catholic church, which was built in 1824. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 134 Principale Street, Sainte-Claire QC G0R 2V0, Canada. Touch for directions.
 
More about this marker. It is interesting to note that
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
the marker misspells the word "Mississippi" both in French and in English.
 
Sainte-Claire (Dorchester) Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By J. Titolo, circa May 2014
2. Sainte-Claire (Dorchester) Marker
On the front lawn of the Sainte-Claire Catholic church
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on January 23, 2022. It was originally submitted on June 28, 2014, by Kevin Craft of Bedford, Quebec. This page has been viewed 896 times since then and 47 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on June 28, 2014, by Kevin Craft of Bedford, Quebec. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=74883

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 16, 2024