Manti in Sanpete County, Utah — The American Mountains (Southwest)
L.R. & Clara Anderson House
L.R. was a wool broker and rancher, served as mayor of Manti (1902-08), was a member of the Utah State Legislature (1913-17), and was an LDS church stake president and temple president (1943-59). He and Clara, married in the Manti Temple in 1895, raised four girls and three boys in this home. They entertained LDS general authorities, civic leaders, and numerous businessmen here. Clara was temple matron, held many positions in the Relief Society, and was president of the Manti Camp of the Daughters of Utah Pioneers. L.R. and Clara lived here until their deaths in 1968 and 1978,
Erected 1998 by Division of State History.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Notable Buildings • Women. A significant historical year for this entry is 1896.
Location. 39° 15.454′ N, 111° 38.244′ W. Marker is in Manti, Utah, in Sanpete County. Marker is on South Main Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 542 South Main Street, Manti UT 84642, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The First Presbyterian Church of Manti (approx. 0.4 miles away); Big Fort (approx. half a mile away); Manti Carnegie Library (approx. half a mile away); Cox-Shoemaker-Parry House (approx. 0.6 miles away); Manti City Hall (approx. Ύ mile away); Log Fort (approx. Ύ mile away); John Patten House (approx. 0.9 miles away); Pioneer Memorial Cabin (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Manti.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 18, 2018. It was originally submitted on June 29, 2014, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 347 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 29, 2014, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.