Lewisburg in Greenbrier County, West Virginia — The American South (Appalachia)
Lewisburg Graded School Bell
This bell installed Lewisburg Graded School 1878. Given to park by George L. Lemon.
Erected by City of Lewisburg.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Communications • Education • Parks & Recreational Areas. In addition, it is included in the Historic Bells series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1878.
Location. 37° 48.182′ N, 80° 26.705′ W. Marker is in Lewisburg, West Virginia, in Greenbrier County. Marker is at the intersection of Jefferson Street (U.S. 219) and Randolph Street, on the left when traveling north on Jefferson Street. Marker and bell are in General Andrew Lewis Park. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lewisburg WV 24901, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Tribute to Men of the Mountains (within shouting distance of this marker); Greenbrier County Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Greenbrier County War Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Colonial Army Rendezvous (within shouting distance Samuel Price (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Shuck Memorial Baptist Church (about 700 feet away); The Lewisburg Foundation (about 700 feet away); Battle of Lewisburg (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lewisburg.
Also see . . . McShane Bell Foundry. Foundry website entry (Submitted on July 7, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on January 26, 2022. It was originally submitted on July 7, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 423 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 7, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.