Fountain Green in Sanpete County, Utah — The American Mountains (Southwest)
Plaque below: The bell atop this monument rang its message from the tower of the first schoolhouse, 1880. As each new schoolhouse was built, the bell was transferred; tolling time, fire and curfew for 88 years.
Erected 1976 by Uinta Springs Camp, Daughters of Utah Pioneers. (Marker Number 394.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of Utah Pioneers marker series.
Location. 39° 37.689′ N, 111° 38.085′ W. Marker is in Fountain Green, Utah, in Sanpete County. Marker is at the intersection Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fountain Green UT 84632, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Lewis Lund (a few steps from this marker); Uinta Springs Settlement (approx. 0.3 miles away); Salt Creek Canyon Massacre (approx. 6½ miles away); ZCMI Building (approx. 7.6 miles away); Moroni Fort and Bastion (approx. 7.6 miles away); Fairview Pioneer Cemetery (approx. 9.7 miles away); Settlement of Fairview (was approx. 10.4 miles away but has been reported missing. ); Mill Stones (approx. 10.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fountain Green.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers • Wars, US Indian •
More. Search the internet for Fountain Green.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 8, 2014, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 340 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 8, 2014, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Al Wolf was the editor who published this page.