Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Delphi in Carroll County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Site of Cabin Home Gen. Samuel Milroy

 
 
Site of Cabin Home Gen. Samuel Milroy Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By David Light, April 25, 2008
1. Site of Cabin Home Gen. Samuel Milroy Marker
Inscription.  
Site of
Cabin Home
Gen.
Samuel Milroy
1826

On the banks o' Deer Crick

 
Erected 1916.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Settlements & SettlersWaterways & Vessels. A significant historical year for this entry is 1826.
 
Location. 40° 35.667′ N, 86° 39.461′ W. Marker is in Delphi, Indiana, in Carroll County. Marker is on Old Camden Road. Old Camden Road is off Old Main Street (Old SR 25) on the northeast side of Delphi. Old Main Street is on the north side of SR 25. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Delphi IN 46923, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fred Niewerth Building (approx. one mile away); The Young Building (approx. one mile away); Delphi City Hall (approx. one mile away); Delphi (approx. one mile away); Civil War Memorial - Carroll County Indiana (approx. one mile away); a different marker also named Delphi (approx. 1.1 miles away); Delphi Courthouse Square Historic District
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 1.1 miles away); Spanish American War Veterans Gave Their Cannon (approx. 1.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Delphi.
 
Site of Cabin Home Gen. Samuel Milroy Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By David Light, April 25, 2008
2. Site of Cabin Home Gen. Samuel Milroy Marker
The Monument is on the hilltop behind this metal marker. image. Click for full size.
Photographed By David Light, April 25, 2008
3. The Monument is on the hilltop behind this metal marker.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on November 18, 2019. It was originally submitted on May 2, 2008, by Christopher Light of Valparaiso, Indiana. This page has been viewed 2,004 times since then and 36 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on May 2, 2008, by Christopher Light of Valparaiso, Indiana. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=7539

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 24, 2024