Buffalo in Erie County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Buffalo’s Irish Regiment
The 155th New York State Volunteers
2nd Division - 2nd Corps
Union Army of the Potomac
They fought for freedom
and to preserve
the Union during
the American Civil War
Their flag read
“We strike for the Union
Erected 2002 by 155th New York Volunteer Infantry Regiment Re-enactors.
Location. 42° 52.695′ N, 78° 52.863′ W. Marker is in Buffalo, New York, in Erie County. Memorial can be reached from Marine Drive east of Erie Street, on the right when traveling south. The memorial is in the "Veterans Park" - west of the Buffalo and Erie County Naval & Military Park, between the pedestrian walk-ways off Marine Drive and the Niagara River (i.e. Lake Erie) with the Park's major exhibit ships: USS The Sullivans, USS Little Rock, and USS Croaker. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: One Naval Park Cove, Buffalo NY 14202, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. "Rust Bucket" (a few steps from this marker); Poland’s Contribution in the Second World War, 1939 - 1945 U.S. Submarine Veterans World War II (a few steps from this marker); USS Grenadier (SS210) (a few steps from this marker); 65th Infantry Regiment, The Borinqueneers (within shouting distance of this marker); Korea (within shouting distance of this marker); Dedicated to the Memory of the Brave Men (within shouting distance of this marker); This Memorial is Dedicated to All of the Service Members from WNY (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Buffalo.
Also see . . . 155th New York Volunteer Infantry Reenactment Regiment, Inc. (Submitted on July 31, 2014, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland.)
Additional keywords. The Fenians, a.k.a. the Irish Republican Brotherhood. "At the Ready": by Henry Schmidt, sculptor.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
More. Search the internet for Buffalo’s Irish Regiment.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 31, 2014, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. This page has been viewed 374 times since then and 6 times this year. Last updated on August 1, 2014, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 31, 2014, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.