Niagara Falls in Niagara Regional Municipality, Ontario — Central Canada
To the Memory of the Pioneers
and the Red Meeting House
— 1817-1869 —
Erected 1936 by Lundy’s Lane Historical Soc.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion. A significant historical month for this entry is July 1820.
Location. 43° 5.35′ N, 79° 7.356′ W. Marker is in Niagara Falls, Ontario, in Niagara Regional Municipality. Marker is on Lundy’s Lane, 0.1 kilometers east of Montrose Road, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Niagara Falls, Ontario L2H 1G8, Canada. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Charles Green (within shouting distance of this marker); Bicentennial of the Battle of Lundy’s Lane (approx. 2.1 kilometers away); British Retreat (approx. 2.1 kilometers away); Battlefield Tourism (approx. 2.2 kilometers away); The British Defense (approx. 2.2 kilometers away); Battle Ground Hotel (approx. 2.2 kilometers away); Ruth Redmond (approx. 2.2 kilometers away); Americans Withdraw (approx. 2.2 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Niagara Falls.
More about this marker. Marker appears on a stone obelisk just inside of wrought-iron fence surrounding Lundy's Lane Cemetery.
Also see . . . Lundy’s Lane Cemetery. Some information on the cemetery, including some about the obelisk and marker. (Submitted on September 9, 2012, by Jamie Abel of Westerville, Ohio.)
Credits. This page was last revised on September 27, 2019. It was originally submitted on September 9, 2012, by Jamie Abel of Westerville, Ohio. This page has been viewed 490 times since then and 10 times this year. Last updated on August 2, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 9, 2012, by Jamie Abel of Westerville, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.