St. Catharines in Niagara Regional Municipality, Ontario — Central Canada
Anglican Church, St. Catharines
(1795 - 1836)
John Backhouse, John Hayner, Jacob Dittrick, Abraham Clendenin, Benjamin Froilick, Henry Smith, Zackariah Hayner, Richard Hayner, Albert Hayner, Adam Haynes, Cornelius Follock, John Decow, Robert Campbell, John Turney, John Brown, William Day, Obediah Hopkins, Peter Hopkins, Asa Waterhouse, John Willson Senr., Hugh Willson, John Kelly, Jonathan Nunn, George Couke, Jacob Upper, Anthony Upper, Petter Wever, George Houver, Stephen Seburn, Philip Metler, Andrew Hanseler, Jacob Bowman, George Keefer, Michael Teattor, Jacob Ball Jr., George Hartsell, John Stevens, Adam Hutt, John Dennis, John Bessey, James Newkirk, Francis Wever, Robert Bessey,
Erected 1996 by St. Catharines Bicentennial Committee.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1795.
Location. 43° 9.255′ N, 79° 14.763′ W. Marker is in St. Catharines, Ontario, in Niagara Regional Municipality. Marker is at the intersection of St. Paul Street West (County Route 81) and McGuire Street, on the left when traveling south on St. Paul Street West. Marker is located is a small circular green space called Merritt Park containing the Merritt statue. Southbound, the markers are just before a long bridge. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1 St Paul Street West, St Catharines, Ontario L2R 3N8, Canada. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. William Hamilton Merritt 1793 - 1862 (here, next to this marker); This Statue of the Honourable William Hamilton Merritt (a few steps from this marker); In Memorium Reqviescant in Pace (within shouting distance of this marker); Niagara District United Empire Loyalists Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Lance Corporal Fred Fisher, V.C. (within shouting distance of this marker); Louis Shickluna 1808-1880 (about 120 meters away, measured in a direct Shipbuilding in St. Catharines 1845 (about 150 meters away); Ridley College (approx. 0.6 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Catharines.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 27, 2019. It was originally submitted on August 8, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 485 times since then and 49 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 8, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. 4, 5. submitted on August 9, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. • William J. Toman was the editor who published this page.