Connellsville in Fayette County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Home of Colonel William Crawford
Colonel William Crawford
1766 to 1782
Reconstructed in 1976 by
Connellsville Area Historical Society
Fayette County Commissioners
Erected 1976 by Connellsville Area Historical Society and Fayette County Commissioners.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Patriots & Patriotism • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1766.
Location. 40° 1.222′ N, 79° 36.036′ W. Marker is in Connellsville, Pennsylvania, in Fayette County. Marker is at the intersection of N. Seventh St. and Torrence Ave. on N. Seventh St.. The marker is attached to the front of the cabin. The cabin is located in the Yough River Park along the Great Allegheny Passage trail, 50 yards west of the corner of N. 7th St. and Torrence Ave. Approximately 10 yards to the west of the cabin is the Braddock's Twelfth Camp marker. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Connellsville PA 15425, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distanceBraddock's Twelfth Camp (a few steps from this marker); Col. William Crawford (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Benjamin Wells (about 700 feet away); Connellsville (approx. 0.2 miles away); a different marker also named Connellsville (approx. 0.2 miles away); Chestnut Ridge (approx. 0.2 miles away); Connellsville Memorial Bridge (approx. Ό mile away); World War II Connellsville Canteen (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Connellsville.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 25, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 10, 2014, by Jay Stern of Connellsville, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 480 times since then and 32 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 10, 2014, by Jay Stern of Connellsville, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.