Merton in Waukesha County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Beaumont Hop House
The Beaumont hop house of fieldstone construction covered by mortar, circa 1875, is 18 feet square and 32 feet high. A stove on the first floor was used to create heat which would rise and pass through the slatted second floor on which hops were placed to dry.
Ephram Beaumont (1834-1918) was prominent in local & county government and the County Agricultural Society.
Erected 1974 by Waukesha County Historical Society. (Marker Number 16-01.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Agriculture • Industry & Commerce.
Location. 43° 7.819′ N, 88° 20.129′ W. Marker is in Merton, Wisconsin, in Waukesha County. Marker is on Rybeck Road (County Road Ef) east of Creekside Court, on the right when traveling east. Located in the Woodfield Village Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: W29681 Rybeck Rd, Hartland WI 53029, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First Baptist Church Of Merton (approx. 1.8 miles away); a different marker also named First Baptist Church Of Merton (approx. 1.8 miles away); Martin C. Weber, Sr. (approx. 1.9 miles away); Village of Merton (approx. 2 miles away); North Lake (approx. 2˝ miles away); Plainview School No. 4 (approx. 3.1 miles away); Stone Bank (approx. 3.8 miles away); Monches (approx. 3.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Merton.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 12, 2011, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 1,103 times since then and 9 times this year. Last updated on August 22, 2014, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 12, 2011, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.