White Sulphur Springs in Greenbrier County, West Virginia — The American South (Appalachia)
Dry Creek Battle
Erected 1963 by West Virginia Historic Commission.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the West Virginia Archives and History series list. A significant historical date for this entry is August 26, 1863.
Location. 37° 48.135′ N, 80° 17.128′ W. Marker is in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia, in Greenbrier County. Marker is at the intersection of East Main St. (U.S. 60) and West Virginia Route 92, on the right when traveling west on East Main St.. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: East Main Street, White Sulphur Springs WV 24986, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. "Oakhurst" Golf Club (here, next to this marker); The Battle of White Sulphur (within shouting distance of this marker); White Sulphur (approx. 1½ miles away); Kate's Mountain (approx. 1.7 miles The Old White (approx. 1.7 miles away); The Greenbrier Clinic and Project Greek Island (approx. 1.7 miles away); President's Cottage (approx. 1.7 miles away); The Springhouse (approx. 1.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in White Sulphur Springs.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 17, 2009, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 2,135 times since then and 80 times this year. Last updated on August 31, 2014, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 17, 2009, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.