Columbus in Colorado County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Early Site of Doctor Logue's Drugstore
The store, operated on various sites, is now on Bowie Street.
Erected 1973 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 1237.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Science & Medicine. A significant historical year for this entry is 1844.
Location. 29° 42.33′ N, 96° 32.348′ W. Marker is in Columbus, Texas, in Colorado County. Marker is at the intersection of Travis Street and Spring Street, on the right when traveling north on Travis Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Columbus TX 78934, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other Stage Lines Through Columbus (within shouting distance of this marker); Tumlinson Family (within shouting distance of this marker); The Rangers of Austin's Colony (within shouting distance of this marker); District Court Tree (within shouting distance of this marker); 1890 Cornerstone Ceremony (within shouting distance of this marker); Columbus Oak (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Stafford-Miller House (about 300 feet away); Colorado County, 1837, and Robert "Three-Legged Willie" Williamson (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Columbus.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 5, 2014, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. This page has been viewed 576 times since then and 35 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 5, 2014, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.