West Bend in Washington County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
First Rural Power Line
Erected 1969 by Washington County Historical Society and the Wisconsin Council for Local History. (Marker Number 72.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Agriculture • Industry & Commerce.
Location. 43° 26.037′ N, 88° 12.981′ W. Marker is in West Bend, Wisconsin, in Washington County. Marker is on Wildwood Road (County Route B) half a mile north of Washington Avenue (Wisconsin Highway 33), on the right when traveling south. Marker is located in Albecker Natural Area Park. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Approx 1059 Wildwood Road, West Bend WI 53090, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The West Bend Aluminum Company (approx. 1˝ miles away); Stephan F. Mayer HomeBarton Historic District (approx. 1.7 miles away); Washington House (approx. 1.7 miles away); Old Settlers Triangle (approx. 1.8 miles away); Bernhard "Ben" C. Ziegler (approx. 1.8 miles away); James Kneeland House (approx. 1.9 miles away); Court House Square (approx. 1.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in West Bend.
More about this marker. Marker is Wisconsin Registered Landmark #72.
Additional keywords. Rural Electrificaton
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 18, 2014, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 424 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on September 18, 2014, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.