Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Wagram in Scotland County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
 

Temperance Hall

 
 
Temperance Hall Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Don Morfe, August 19, 2014
1. Temperance Hall Marker
Inscription.  Meeting hall of the Richmond Temperance and Literary Society, 1860 to 1890's. Sacked by Sherman's army in 1865. Stands 1½ mi. W.
 
Erected 1959 by Archives and Highway Departments. (Marker Number I-48.)
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Fraternal or Sororal OrganizationsWar, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the North Carolina Division of Archives and History series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1860.
 
Location. 34° 53.106′ N, 79° 22.122′ W. Marker is in Wagram, North Carolina, in Scotland County. Marker is on Main Street (U.S. 401) south of Second Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 23100 Main Street, Wagram NC 28396, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. John Charles McNeill (within shouting distance of this marker); Gerald Johnson (within shouting distance of this marker); Wagram (approx. 1.1 miles away); Spring Hill Baptist Church (approx. 1.1 miles away); Sherman's March
Temperance Hall Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Don Morfe, August 19, 2014
2. Temperance Hall Marker
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 6 miles away); World War II Glider Pilots (approx. 6.1 miles away); Old Laurel Hill Church (approx. 6.6 miles away); a different marker also named Sherman's March (approx. 7.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Wagram.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on July 2, 2021. It was originally submitted on September 21, 2014, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 385 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on September 21, 2014, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=77346

Paid Advertisements
 
 

May. 26, 2022