Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Wagram in Scotland County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
 

John Charles McNeill

 
 
John Charles McNeill Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Don Morfe, August 19, 2014
1. John Charles McNeill Marker
Inscription.  Notable North Carolina poet, 1874-1907. House in which he was born restored at his burial site 1˝ miles west.
 
Erected 1972 by State Department of Archives and History. (Marker Number I-3.)
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Arts, Letters, MusicCemeteries & Burial Sites. In addition, it is included in the North Carolina Division of Archives and History series list.
 
Location. 34° 53.092′ N, 79° 22.132′ W. Marker is in Wagram, North Carolina, in Scotland County. Marker is on Main Street (U.S. 401) south of Second Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 23100 Main Street, Wagram NC 28396, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Gerald Johnson (here, next to this marker); Temperance Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); Wagram (approx. 1.1 miles away); Spring Hill Baptist Church (approx. 1.1 miles away); Sherman's March
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 6 miles away); World War II Glider Pilots (approx. 6.1 miles away); Old Laurel Hill Church (approx. 6.6 miles away); a different marker also named Sherman's March (approx. 7.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Wagram.
 
John Charles McNeill Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Don Morfe, August 19, 2014
2. John Charles McNeill Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 21, 2021. It was originally submitted on September 21, 2014, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 551 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on September 21, 2014, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=77348

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
May. 21, 2024