Concord in Cabarrus County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
St. John's Church
Lutheran. Began ca.1745 as Dutch Buffalo Creek Church. Adolph Nussman was first regular pastor, 1773. Building erected 1845. 300 yards north.
Erected 1968 by Archives and Highway Departments. (Marker Number L 72.)
Location. 35° 24.972′ N, 80° 28.614′ W. Marker is in Concord, North Carolina, in Cabarrus County. Marker is at the intersection of State Highway 73 and St Johns Church Road, on the right when traveling west on State Highway 73. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Concord NC 28025, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Adolph Nussmann Monument (approx. 0.2 miles away); St. John's Lutheran Church (approx. ¼ mile away); James P. Cook (approx. 5.8 miles away); Cabarrus Black Boys Fountain (approx. 5.8 miles away); Jefferson Davis (approx. 5.9 miles away); Barber-Scotia College (approx. 6.2 miles away); W. R. Odell (approx. 6.3 miles away); Warren Coleman (approx. 6.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Concord.
Also see . . . The Heritage of St. John's (Submitted on September 23, 2014.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
More. Search the internet for St. John's Church.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 22, 2014, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 264 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 22, 2014, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.