East Nantmeal Township in Chester County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Colonel Thomas Bull
1744 – 1837
— Founder and builder of Bulltown —
Erected 2014 by East Nantmeal Historical Commission.
Topics. This historical marker is listed Colonial Era • Industry & Commerce • Patriots & Patriotism • War, US Revolutionary. A significant historical year for this entry is 1744.
Location. 40° 9.044′ N, 75° 47.596′ W. Marker is in East Nantmeal Township, Pennsylvania, in Chester County. Marker is at the intersection of Bulltown Road (Pennsylvania Route 345) and Brownstone Lane, on the right when traveling south on Bulltown Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 11 Brownstone Ln, Elverson PA 19520, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Warwick Furnace (approx. 2.2 miles away); In Honor of the Men from Caenarvon Township (approx. 3.6 miles away); Charcoal Pit (approx. 3.9 miles away); Charcoal Kilns (approx. 3.9 miles away); Headraces (approx. 3.9 miles away); Anthracite Furnace (approx. 3.9 miles away); Cooling Shed (approx. 3.9 miles away); Ironmaster's Garden (approx. 4 miles away).
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker.
Also see . . .
1. Thomas Bull House - Wikipedia. (Submitted on October 21, 2014, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania.)
2. Marker Dedication - Daily Local News. (Submitted on October 21, 2014, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania.)
1. Thomas Bull House:
Thomas Bull House, also known as Robert's Plantation, Redding Plantation, and Mt. Pleasant, is a historic home located in East Nantmeal Township, Chester County, Pennsylvania. The house is in three parts. The oldest section was built about 1715. It is part of the two-story, four bay eastern section of the stone dwelling. The two-story, three bay, third section was probably built between 1783 and 1796. The interior of the older part features a circular staircase that wraps around the chimney. It is an example of late Georgian / early Federal architecture.
The farm was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.
— Submitted October 21, 2014, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 27, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 21, 2014, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 989 times since then and 70 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on October 21, 2014, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.