Jane Lew in Lewis County, West Virginia — The American South (Appalachia)
First M.P. Church
Erected 2008 by West Virginia Archives and History.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the West Virginia Archives and History series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1819.
Location. 39° 6.622′ N, 80° 24.417′ W. Marker is in Jane Lew, West Virginia, in Lewis County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (U.S. 19) and Depot Street, on the right when traveling north on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 6158 Main Street, Jane Lew WV 26378, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Dedicated To All Veterans (within shouting distance of this marker); Gen. Lightburn (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Jackson's Mill (approx. 3.3 miles away); Sawmill Blacksmith Shop (approx. 3.3 miles away); Blaker's Mill (approx. 3.3 miles away); Cummins Jackson House (approx. 3.4 miles away); Blaker's Mill Pond (approx. 3.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jane Lew.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 30, 2014, by Forest McDermott of Masontown, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 541 times since then and 65 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 30, 2014, by Forest McDermott of Masontown, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.