Sedona in Coconino County, Arizona — The American Mountains (Southwest)
Carl Richards' Garage
Carl Richards constructed this building in 1947 as his blacksmith shop. At the time, auto garage work was just a sideline. Richards is known as Sedona's first 'Fire Chief' because he kept the town's first fire truck in his garage. If there was a fire, someone had to find Carl to get the keys. The building also served as a community hall for town meetings and dances.
Erected by City of Sedona.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Charity & Public Work • Industry & Commerce • Roads & Vehicles.
Location. 34° 52.215′ N, 111° 45.644′ W. Marker is in Sedona, Arizona, in Coconino County. Marker can be reached from Alternate Arizona Route 89 0.1 miles north of Jordan Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 263 State Highway 89-A, Sedona AZ 86336, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Rollie's Camera (within shouting distance of this marker); Sedona Fire & Police Departments (approx. 0.2 miles away); Grasshopper Flat (approx. 0.2 miles away); The SinaguaFirst Settlers (approx. 0.2 miles away); Roads (approx. 0.2 miles away); Jessie "Bear" Howard (approx. 0.2 miles away); Cowboys (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sedona.
More about this marker. The marker is attached to the bottom right corner of "The Lambs Shop" sign, Sedona's oldest gift establishment.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 16, 2020. It was originally submitted on November 9, 2014, by Kevin Craft of Bedford, Quebec. This page has been viewed 537 times since then and 67 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 9, 2014, by Kevin Craft of Bedford, Quebec. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.