Union Township in Washington County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Fort Cox or Coxes Station
Erected by Peters Creek Historical Society, Inc.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Forts and CastlesNative Americans • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1770.
Location. 40° 15.883′ N, 79° 58.021′ W. Marker is in Union Township, Pennsylvania, in Washington County. Marker is on Stone Church Road, half a mile west of Snowden Road, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 318 Stone Church Rd, Finleyville PA 15332, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. James Chapel Methodist Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Mingo Creek Church (approx. 2.8 miles away); Citation: (approx. 2.9 miles away); Yohogania Courthouse (approx. 2.9 miles away); Cincinnati Mine Disaster (approx. 3 miles away); Monongahela River Navigation System (approx. 3˝ miles away); Monongahela (approx. 4.3 miles away); Elizabeth (approx. 4.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Union Township.
Also see . . . Peters Creek Historical Society. (Submitted on November 9, 2014, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on January 6, 2021. It was originally submitted on November 9, 2014, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 656 times since then and 50 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 9, 2014, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.