Sonoma in Sonoma County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Sonoma Valley Women’s Club
In 1911 the lot at 574-First Street East was purchased by S.V.W.C. from Katherine Poppe on which their club house was to be built. Funds for the new clubhouse were raised with the assistance of Sonoma Parlor No. 111, Native Sons of the Golden West. The first meeting was held in the new club house on September 15, 1916.
Erected 2001 by Native Sons of the Golden West, William E. Hargis, Grand President.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Fraternal or Sororal Organizations • Women. In addition, it is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West series list.
Location. 38° 17.429′ N, 122° 27.412′ W. Marker is in Sonoma, California, in Sonoma County. Marker is on 1st Street East, on the left when traveling south. This location is south of the Sonoma Plaza park and three doors from Patten Street. Touch for map. Marker is at Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Nash-Patton Adobe (a few steps from this marker); Duhring Building – 1891 (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Poppe-Parmelee Building (about 700 feet away); Site of Union Hotel and Union Hall (about 700 feet away); The Sonoma Index-Tribune (approx. 0.2 miles away); Raising of the Bear Flag Monument (approx. 0.2 miles away); Vasquez House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Blue Wing Inn (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sonoma.
More about this marker. The marker is on the front of the house under the porch.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 15, 2014, by James King of San Miguel, California. This page has been viewed 313 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 15, 2014, by James King of San Miguel, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.